Sunday, November 29, 2009

Along the Garden

So this last portion of the trip has come. The next few weeks I will continue with my History and Culture of South Africa course in Cape Town. Friday morning was the last day in PMB. It was a rainy cold day when I left. My trip to Cape Town has been exciting. So far I have seen some friends bungee jump for the world's highest bridge. It was super exciting. I wasn't able to bungee jump but when I saw people flying out and I really wanted to go and do it.

After bungee jumping we came to the little town called George, where I stayed for two nights. Saturday I was able to go into the Cango Caves. There was two parts to the tour the standard tour where you see two large cave chambers and learn about the history of the cave. Then there is the Adventure tour which I was able to do. It consisted of several chambers where there were tight spots that I had to climb through. There was one called the Tunnel of Love where it was so narrow that all of my limbs were touching both sides of the cave wall. Then next one after that was called the Devil's Chimney. This tunnel was extremely narrow and kind of difficult to climb through. I had to maneuver my way through a tiny space. It was a bit frightening because I felt so weird not knowing what to do.

After that we had to come back through the rest of the cave to get to the exit. It was such an incredibly cool adventure. I've never done anything like that before. Our tour guide explained that in one of the big chambers concerts were held in there because of the great natural acoustic setup.

Later that day we went to the Cango wildlife park. There was different types of animals. There was crocodiles, snakes, tigers, cheetah and baby goats! There was much more too. I was so glad that I got to hold a baby goat. They are the cutest animals ever! I am set on getting one when I get a house.

The next place we went was to an ostrich farm. I was able to ride on a ostrich!! It wasn't want I expected. It was actually kind of frightening but over all awesome. They have to put a bag over the head of the ostrich to calm them. Then I had to climb on like if I were to do the same on a horse. Then the helper would hold onto the ostrich and let me ride around for a bit. It was weird because I had to hold onto his wings and then lean back and hold my feet around the ostrich's chest.

Once that was done we watched some ostrich's race and one of them was called Speedy Gonzales. I don't think that he won :[ I was rooting for him too.

After that we went back to our little bed and breakfast and had dinner.
Tomorrow is our last day of traveling for a little bit. We are suppose to get into Cape Town at around 3pm. I am excited to see what its like. I feel like I've had another culture just being in the Western Cape. Since PMB is in Kwazulu-natal where primarily Zulu's live, being here in the Western Cape there is a different culture. I'm not used to hearing Afrikaans here where back at AE IsiZulu. But its going to be a great two weeks and a half. Then I will be home for Christmas!!








No comments:

Post a Comment