Thursday, October 1, 2009

Hosanna

Tonight was phenomenal. There was a prayer walk for the campus, where all the students gathered and we prayed for different places. Prayer for the dining hall and for the classrooms, chapel, and living areas. It was beautiful, just gathered all together in worship and candle light. The night continued with pieces of scripture in the Beatitudes and what a prayer walk looks like. A time to walk with Christ and purposefully pray for His will in a place. To have His spirit pour into each area for strength and love.

At first I wasn't sure if there were going to be many people since many of us have plenty loads of homework to do. But God was faithful. This night was huge and defining. Earlier today I received some news that shook my world. And I didn't know what to do about it but I needed to cry out- tell someone. There are amazing people surrounding me. I was blessed to be prayed over, and I felt God's work in my heart. And when tonight came I was quieted. My storm was calmed. God speaks, and when He does it is powerful and comforting.

Tonight was pivotal in my walk with Christ. I knew that there were certain people were don't feel comfortable talking with one another, and I read the passage in Ephesians 4: 2-6
Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. There is one body and one Spirit- just as you were called to one hope when you were called- one Lord , one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

I read that out loud, because I knew I was ignoring someone specifically. I was prideful not wanting to talk to her. I was unsure of what she thought of me. This week God has put on my heart to ask for forgiveness- to tell her pride is in my heart withholding love and humility.
I let it go. I asked, and she gave me forgiveness. I knew that I needed to do this because it was something eating away. Something that was not of God. Praise be to Him, Hosanna who gives me strength to be humbled and joyous. I thank you for the undeserved forgiveness and the ability to love.

No comments:

Post a Comment