Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Open up the Heavens


let Your glory fall. Open up the our hearts
That we would know you- Hillsong


That is my prayer for my time here in South Africa. There is a lot of things I left behind- friendships, relationships, an easier life. Now that I have been here for almost a month I look back at how home will be different and how I will be different. I know that there is something big for me here, something that will forever change the way I view myself, the world and my faith in God. I cannot express the anticipation to see what is around the bend.

I was talking with my grandma about my own transformation as a person and especially as a young Christian woman. She told me that there is something amazing about being able to do something like this. I know that in time I will see the beautiful ripple affects that these three months will have on my life. I actually have seen some of those now. That prayer night I wrote about- there was a girl in my group that I knew God kept bringing her name up through out the whole week leading up to that night. I knew I my heart was hard towards her for no reason really... just a misconception of her. I let my pride down and I asked for forgiveness. I am not saying this for my own glory, but honestly that night I felt the Holy Spirit piercing my heart with humility and the drive to just tell her I was sorry.

God You move in mighty ways and I wonder how is it so? You are too vast and amazing for me to understand. I ask that Your glory falls in this place, that my heart would just open to know You and the will in my life.

1 comment:

  1. I miss my kid. Lol... I am so proud of you, to be opening up your heart to God, to let Him show You MANY MANY things. :) And for you to let the transforming God, who wants to bring the best out of us, transform you. :)

    Don't we serve an amazing God?? He takes our guck, changes it for His good. :) He is so wonderful. :)

    You're doing great... I love my kid. :)

    Sweeet.

    ReplyDelete